Come Join the Fair!
**REMINDER** VOLUNTEER MEETING IS SCHEDULED FOR 6:00 PM TUESDAY, MAY 28, 2013 IN THE BALLROOM AT THE BRAZOS COUNTY EXPO****
The Brazos Valley Fair & Expo is looking for groups & individuals to volunteer at the fair. These opportunities are open to any willing individuals who would like to join us in...
“Showcasing Agriculture, Education, & Youth to Enhance our Texas Culture!”
Thank you to everyone who came out for our 2013 Volunteer Kick-Off Party! We had an awesome time and are extremely excited about the 2013 Fair and all that will be happening. During the party there were boards around the room with information about the new and exciting things that we are adding and among those were new committees for 2013. The following is information to help you choose what you would like to help with during the Fair and information about the different committees. If you have any questions please feel free to email or call us and we will be happy to speak with you further about these exciting choices!
2013 Brazos Valley Fair & Expo Committee Descriptions
Base Committees: The purpose of these committees is to assist Fair staff in the general running of the Brazos Valley Fair. The following committees will help by answering the phones, assisting Fair attendees in basic directions around the fairgrounds, assisting Fair attendees in basic questions about the fair schedule, help direct fair attendees in the parking lot, sell and take tickets from fair attendees, promote the fair around the community, help with Fair set-up, and help Fair staff count money.
- General Office: Looking for a people person to help answer phones and answer general questions about the Fair. Great communication skills and wonderful multitasking abilities are a must.
- First Aid: If you are interested in medically helping people and have the required certifications, the First Aid Committee is the right place for you. Committee members will assist in running the First Aid station during the Fair.
- Parking: Volunteers will help direct fair attendees in the parking lots during Fair days.
- Cashier: Responsible for handling and counting money and tickets during Fair days.
- Ticket Taker/Ticker Seller: Responsible for letting our excited attendees enter the fair gates. Takers and Sellers will handle all ticket transactions at the ticket gates during the Fair.
- Advanced Ticket Sales: The individuals in this committee will help coordinate and organize pre-sales of fair tickets and carnival passports around the community.
- Communications and Information: There are a variety of volunteer opportunities in this committee. Volunteers will help answer general fair questions and help with grounds directions during the fair. There are also positions to help fair staff escort media personnel around fair grounds. This committee also helps sell Rodeo Programs during the Fair. Enthusiastic and energetic people are the perfect fit for this job. Members can also become Speakers will promote the Fair at local community meetings during the months and weeks leading up to the fair.
- Signage and Decorations: Volunteers in this committee will help hang signs and other general set-up before the Fair.
- Head of Volunteers: This committee will be responsible for organizing, scheduling, and contacting all Fair volunteers before and during the Fair.
Livestock Committee: The following committees will be helping behind the scenes of the competitive events during the Brazos Valley Fair & Expo. Whether it is helping with livestock entries, or working rodeo gates, volunteers in these committees will have a chance to work with all of our Fair competitors in the livestock areas.
- Livestock Office: Volunteers in this committee will help with all competitive event entries and general office duties for livestock events.
- Steer and Heifer: Volunteers for the Jr. Steer and Heifer shows will assist in prepping the arenas, directing traffic in unloading zones, and assist in competitor entries.
- Open Cattle Show: Volunteers for the Open Brahman show will assist in prepping the arenas, directing traffic in unloading zones, and assist in competitor entries.
- Open Dairy Goat Show: Volunteers for the Open Dairy Goat show will assist in prepping the arenas, directing traffic in unloading zones, and assist in competitor entries.
- Meat Goat Show: Volunteers for the Open Meat Goat show will assist in prepping the arenas, directing traffic in unloading zones, and assist in competitor entries.
- Lamb Show: Volunteers for the Lamb show will assist in prepping the arenas, directing traffic in unloading zones, and assist in competitor entries.
Rodeo: Be a part of the rodeo action and volunteer for this committee. Rodeo volunteers will help with rodeo entries, the running of rodeo events, and other behind the scenes jobs.
Competitive Events:The following committees will be helping behind the scenes of the competitive events before and during the Brazos Valley Fair & Expo. Whether it is helping with food challenge contest during the Fair, or setting up artwork for the judges during the Youth Western Art Show volunteers in these committees will have a chance to work with all of our Fair competitors in the non-livestock areas.
- Youth Western Art Show: This fun contest is a great opportunity for anyone interested in the arts and working with kids and the schools. Help is needed in the months leading up to the Fair to help set-up artwork, assist the judges with the competition, and moving artwork around town to be on display prior to the Fair.
- Photography and Quilt Contest: New for 2013 these contests will need lots of help to get them up and running if you’re a camera buff or an expert quilter, or just want to help take this opportunity to be a part of something new!
- Food Challenge: This exciting contest needs a little help. Individuals in this committee will help in the general running of the Food Challenge during the Fair. From set-up to tear-down, this fun event will appreciate plenty of extra hands.
Attractions and Vendors Committees: Volunteers in the following committees will help with all aspects of vendors, and exhibits before and during the fair. Volunteer opportunities in the Attractions and Vendors Committees include, checking in all exhibits, food vendor and merchandise vendors before the fair, assisting entertainers or their staff on the day of their performances, and providing for any other needs by the vendors during the fair.
- Attractions and Events: Volunteers on this committee will help with everything from keeping our Fairgrounds looking clean for our attendees to helping work attractions that need a few volunteers to keep things running smoothly. This is a great committee for anyone who wants to be hands on outdoors during the Fair.
- Commercial Exhibits: Volunteers in the commercial exhibits will be in charge of helping with things in the Exhibit Hall and throughout the Fairgrounds during the Fair. Everything from helping Vendors check-in to manning the aisles during the Fair to make sure all is running smoothly is just a hint of what volunteers will help with.